Why Are Digital Radiographs So Important?
Technology matters and digital radiographs are a great advancement in patient care.
- Better Results: Clarity and detail are crucial in dental imaging. Digital X-ray equipment provides image quality that can surpass traditional film, bringing out tiny fractures and imperfections that might have been missed on film.
- Faster Results: No more waiting for film to develop. Get your results, diagnosis, and treatment plan faster.
- Better Diagnosis: Digital X-ray systems let you control the exposure of each image in real time, so that you can make images darker or lighter on demand. You can also enlarge images, make enhancements to color and superimpose textures. These features improve your ability to detect disease and its current state.
- Safer Procedure: Digital radiography typically reduces radiation exposure by 75% or more.
- Better Collaboration: When working with other dentists or doctors, digital radiography gives our practice the ability to send images to other practitioners in just moments.
- Safely Stored: Digital radiography safely stores your X-rays, so you won’t have to worry about films becoming loose from their holders or separated from their files. And when used with a Redundant Backup System, your images are safe even if the drive is lost in a fire, flood or other disaster.
It’s our philosophy to use the best technology available so that you can get better and faster treatment and get back to living your life!